To apply for this position, please email us quoting “Senior Reservoir Engineer (RE/PE), Gabon” in the subject line and attaching your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
The specificity for this position is that we need a senior polyvalent profile with experience both in reservoir and petroleum engineering.
Someone able to take part both into development studies and in operations follow-up / reservoir-wells monitoring program.
The ideal candidate will participate to multi-disciplinary studies including new fields development planning, reservoir performance analysis, redevelopment opportunities identification, forecasting and implementation mainly in ND-NOV team but also in the operated assets teams.
As for the Assala Gabon Operated Assets, the candidate will be able to identify and evaluate development / redevelopment opportunities using fit-for-purpose methodologies (DCA, quick dynamic model, Nodal analysis etc.).
Write mini-proposals to be suggested to the Operators. Populate Assala Gabon’s opportunities portfolio. The successful candidate will provide a direct impact on the Operators’ work programme (Drilling, WO, ESP conversions etc.) by assessing the activities proposed and promoting the opportunities identified and evaluated by Assala Gabon.
- Perform fundamental RE/PE tasks: fields & wells reviews, production & injection analysis, well test design & interpretation (PTA), data review (PVT, RFT, PLT, CCA, SCAL, CPI etc.).
- Initiate, develop and propose smart methodologies and workflows adapted to Assala Gabon development department’s objectives.
- Build, populate, history-match and run fit-for-purpose dynamic reservoir simulation 3D-models: full reservoir model, sector model, conceptual model etc. depending on each specific case and need.
- Deploy classical RE/PE techniques such as Material Balance (IPR curves), Nodal Analysis (VLP curves), Decline Curve Analysis (DCA) as appropriate to support the dynamic models and/or to generate quick production forecasts.
- In collaboration with G&G, propose development & redevelopment plans (new wells, side-tracks, workovers, additional perforations, water injection etc.), activation/stimulation strategies (artificial lift options, chemical jobs) fitted with appropriate production forecasts derived from various scenarios and sensitivity analysis. Write the corresponding proposals and populate Assala Gabon opportunities portfolio.
- In collaboration with G&G and Operations define a yearly campaign for static and dynamic well measurements, write the program, organize and follow its execution, interpret the data.
- In collaboration with G&G and PP, define cased hole logging (RST, PLT, …), write the program, organize and follow its execution, interpret the data.
- Participate actively in the quarterly reserves exercises for new development and NOV assets (DCA and/or dynamic model based).
- Make sure that PE operations comply with company HSSE rules.
- Monitor wells and fields to optimize production in agreement with Assala Gabon strategy. Make recommendations to Operator’s Development team when needed.
- Create a constructive and valuable relationship with the NOVs’ Operator development teams; organize regular mini-workshops at the Operators’ premises to download all necessary raw data or processed data.
- As for the Assala Gabon Operated Assets, identify and evaluate development / redevelopment opportunities using fit-for-purpose methodologies (DCA, quick dynamic model, Nodal analysis etc.).
- Write mini-proposals to be suggested to the Operators. Populate Assala Gabon’s opportunities portfolio.
Qualification / Experience requirements / Personal attributes
- Engineering diploma (BAC+5) or equivalent in Reservoir engineering and Petroleum engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a RE and/or PE position with both exposures to subsurface studies and operations follow-up.
- A sufficient knowledge in G&G and Operations disciplines.
- Able to compile and synthetize fields and wells data to generate and mature candidates for Interventions and WO that will populate the subsidiary portfolio.
- Use to work in integrated projects incorporating G&G, RE and PE.
- Ability to lead projects and coach less experienced staff.
- Know the technics for well production and activation.
- Familiar with some RE and PE softwares: Saphir, Petrel RE, Eclipse, OFM, Mbal, IMEX, Petex…
- Fully aware of importance of HSSE rules.
- Prior experience in West Africa and pre-salt reservoirs would be seen as an advantage.