To apply for this position, please email us quoting “Senior Piping and Structural Designer, Gabon” in the subject line and attaching your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
The Senior Piping and Structural Designer is to support the projects that are managed from the London HQ. This position will be based in Port Gentil, Gabon and reporting to the Senior Project Engineer.
This role is accountable for producing and maintaining piping, structural and civil deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and company specifications within schedule and budget as set by the senior project engineer.
- Carry out site surveys where required to gather detailed survey information and produce survey reports and engineering drawings.
- Develop 3D modelling and design acitivties of piping systems and their supports.
- Prepare materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Provide cost estimations for the materials and constructions.
- Develop equipment general arrangements for various project options.
- Conduct necessary fieldwork to identify suitable tie-ins for brownfield development.
- Complete isometric drawings and piping layouts.
- Determine hook-up fabrication requirements and identify suitable contractors.
- Prepare structural drawings and designs for major equipment with inputs from engineering personnel if needed.
- Perform preliminary civil design analysis to determine civil scope requirements and potential options and develop high level construction schedules/cost estimations.
Qualification / Experience requirements / Personal attributes
- It is essential for the candidates to have relevant certificate in drafing and design from a technical school or an Associate’s Degree from accredited institutions. Candidates for this roke are also required to have direct working experience and skills in oil&gas industry
projects with a minimum 10 years experience. It is preferable to have worked in Gabon onshore projects.
- The candidates must have excellent working knowledge of piping/structural codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, etc…) and been capable of developing drawings using engineering software such as AutoCad, PDMS, CESAR II, etc.