ASSALA ENERGY UK Limited
Registered in England No. 10549881
The Metro Building, 1 Butterwick, London W6 8DL
Tel: +44 203 314 8560
Designer and webmaster:
You Are Stories
133 rue de l’Abbé Groult, 75015 Paris, France
Assala Energy UK
The publication manager is a legal person.
2 rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix, France
Limited Company located in France.
Terms and conditions of use of the website and of the services offered
Use of the www.assalaenergy.com website implies full and complete acceptance of the terms and conditions of use described below. These terms and conditions of use may be modified or supplemented at any time, users of the www.assalaenergy.com website are therefore invited to check them on a regular basis.
This website is normally accessible at any time to users. An interruption due to technical maintenance may however be decided by ASSALA ENERGY, who will endeavour to inform users in advance of the dates and times of the intervention.
The www.assalaenergy.com website is regularly updated by ASSALA ENERGY. Similarly, the legal notice may be modified at any time: the user is invited to consult it as often as possible in order to take note of the changes.
Description of the services provided
The purpose of the www.assalaenergy.com website is to provide information about all the company’s activities.
ASSALA ENERGY, endeavours to provide information on the www.assalaenergy.com website that is as accurate as possible. However, she cannot be held liable for any omissions, inaccuracies or shortcomings in the update, whether they be due to her own actions or those of third-party partners which provide this information.
All the information shown on the www.assalaenergy.com website is given for information purposes and is subject to change. Furthermore, the information featured on the www.assalaenergy.com website is not exhaustive. It is given subject to modifications having been made to it since being published online.
Contractual limitations on the technical data
The website may not be held liable for material damage related to the use of the website. In addition, the website user undertakes to access the website using recent equipment, containing no viruses and with an updated, latest generation browser.
Intellectual property and copyright protection
ASSALA ENERGY, is the owner of the intellectual property rights or holds the user rights for all the elements accessible on the website, notably the texts, images, graphics, logo, icons, sounds and software.
Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication or adaptation of all or part of the elements of the site, by whatever means or process, is prohibited, except with the prior written consent of ASSALA ENERGY.
Any unauthorised use of the website or of any of the elements it contains will be considered as constituting an infringement of copyright and prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of articles L.335-2 and following of the French Intellectual Property Code.
Limitations of liability
ASSALA ENERGY may not be held liable for the direct and indirect damage caused to the user’s equipment when accessing the www.assalaenergy.com website, and resulting either from the use of equipment which does not meet the specifications set out in point 4, or from the appearance of a bug or an incompatibility.
Neither may ASSALA ENERGY be held liable for indirect damage following the use of the www.assalaenergy.com website.
Interactive spaces (possibility to ask questions in the contact space) are available to users. ASSALA ENERGY, reserves the right to delete, without prior notice, any content posted in this space which contravenes legislation applicable in France, in particular measures relating to data protection. Where necessary, ASSALA ENERGY, also reserves the right to invoke the user’s civil and/or criminal responsibility, notably in the event of a message of a racist, offensive, defamatory or pornographic nature, regardless of the medium used (text, photograph, etc.).
Personal data management
DATA PROTECTION – YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This notice provides a comprehensive overview of the practices of Assala Energy UK Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Assala” or “us” or “we”), with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data and sensitive personal data relating to Directors, employees, workers, ex-pats, man power agency employees, new hires and former employees of Assala (collectively, “You” or” Your”).
The collection and use of your personal data is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“the GDPR”) and a number of other data privacy laws and regulations. These laws and regulations impose a number of restrictions and controls on the manner in which Assala can process your personal data. They also grant a number of rights to you in relation to access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data (see What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you? below).
What data do we collect about you?
Assala collects and processes personal data and sensitive personal data relating to you to manage the employment relationship. Assala is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that personal data and to meeting its data protection obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
The types of personal data we collect (directly from you or from public or third party information sources, for example recruitment agents) depend on the nature of your position, role or relationship with Assala and the requirements of applicable laws. Examples of this information may include, among other things:
- contact information (e.g., name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, emergency contact information)
- personal details (e.g., date of birth, marital status, immigration status, gender);
- personal details about your dependents (e.g. name, address, age, relationship, contact details)
- passport number or other national identification number
- information about your nationality and right to work in the UK
- bank account information
- employment, compensation and benefits information (e.g., hire date, service date, employee identification number, job title, qualifications, department, supervisor, location, salary, bonus, retirement)
- information contained in agreements that you enter into with us
- education and training record
- photographs and other visual images of you
- assessments of your performance, including appraisals, performance reviews and ratings, training you have participated in, performance improvement plans and related correspondence
- details of periods of absence taken by you, including holiday, sickness absence and any other reasons for absence
- details of disciplinary or grievance procedures which you have been involved, including any warnings issued to you and related correspondence, or, if you have been asked to provide information by way of a witness or required to provide supporting information as part of the process
- details of log in or swipe card system to access any of Assala’s offices or sites
- any personal data collected by the IT department including email monitoring, monitoring of internet use, voicemail recordings, company mobile phone records
We may also collect certain sensitive data about you including:
- information about medical or health conditions, including sickness certificates and whether or not you have a disability
- race and religion for equal opportunities
- criminal record checks
The examples provided above are not all-inclusive. We also may collect similar or related information.
Who Do We Collect This Data From?
The majority of personal data we process about you comes directly from you. However, we also obtain information from the following third parties:
- during recruitment, from recruitment agents, employee referrals and publically available sources such as the internet and social media including immigration background searches
- during the course of your employment from parties such as tax, legal or regulatory authorities, family members, occupational health and your doctor
How Do We Use This Data?
We collect personal data and sensitive personal data for the following purposes:
- recruitment purposes and onboarding you into Assala
- entering into your employment contract and ensuring our ongoing performance of it;
- to ensure you have the right to work and to obtain work permits or visas (if necessary)
- to maintain safety and security of Assala operated systems by monitoring access and authorizations and obtaining audit logs
- administering payroll, payment of expenses, tax obligations and other benefits including private medical and dental insurance, life assurance
- administering the pension scheme offered by us for you
- administering repatriation services and global travel scheme
- supporting and managing your work, performance, training, development and career progression
- operate and keep a record of absences to allow for effective workforce management
- keeping occupational and other health records impacting roles and responsibilities, including random drug test results
- to ensure that Assala complies with its duties in relation to individuals with disabilities, meet its obligations and meet the requirements set out under health and safety law
- operate and keep records of other types of absence, including maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and shared parental leave, to allow effective workforce management and to ensure that Assala complies with duties in relation to leave entitlement and to ensure that you are receiving the pay and other benefits to which you are entitled
- changing or ending your employment contract with us
- providing references for current and former employees
- contacting you if you are away from the office, or contacting next of kin in the event of an emergency
- monitoring our compliance with our other policies and rules and laws applicable to us
- to resolute disputes and engage in legal proceedings
- day-to-day business operations
- operating an active directory of employees and other staff
- Access Control, via swipe card system to access any of Assala’s offices or sites
- Email monitoring, monitoring of internet use, voicemail recordings, company mobile phone records
Basis for Processing
We rely on separate and overlapping bases to process your personal data lawfully. In the majority of cases we rely on the need to comply with a legal obligation, to perform the contract we have with you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data. In particular:
- we need to process this personal data to comply with our contractual obligations to you in your employment contract (for example, administering payroll and providing your benefits and other remuneration)
- we also process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations (for example, we process data which allows us to pay the correct taxes or to keep you safe in the workplace or to ensure that we comply with health and safety legislation)
- we have a number of legitimate business interests in processing your personal data and these include (i) carrying on, managing and administering our business effectively and properly; (ii) ensuring that we provide the best service to our clients, (iii) protecting our staff, property and assets, and (iv) marketing Assala and growing the business
In the limited circumstances where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, for example, publishing company photographs on the company website, we will make it clear to you at the time of collection of your personal data that we are relying on your consent to process that data for certain purposes, and you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice, subject to your right, under certain circumstances, to have certain of your data erased (see What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you? below), unless a longer period is required under applicable law or is needed to resolve disputes or protect our legal rights. In particular, we hold the following categories of personal data for the corresponding periods:
|Category of personal data||Retention period in active data and systems|
|Payroll and tax information||7 years from end of employment|
|Full HR file of employee personal data||7 years from end of employment|
|Administering employee benefits||7 years from end of employment|
|Administering Life Assurance / Death Benefits for UK assignees||18 years from the end of employment|
|Administering Repatriation Services for UK assignees||19 years from the end of employment|
For other categories of personal data not mentioned above, please contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below for more information about the retention periods we observe.
How We Share and Disclose Your Data
We may share your personal data with the following third parties for the purposes described below:
Internally: Your personal data will be disclosed to your manager, HR, payroll, IT and anyone else who needs to know such information for the purposes of their job role.
Service Providers: We share your personal data with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf or for your benefit, such as pre-employment background checking, IT services, insurers, benefits providers, training institutions, occupational health, and our bank and payroll providers.
Affiliates: We share your personal data and sensitive personal data with selected Assala holdings companies, for internal administrative purposes and uses that are consistent with this notice.
Legal Process and Safety: We may disclose your personal data and sensitive personal data to legal or government regulatory authorities where we have a legal obligation to do so or in the event that we need to make or defend a legal claim.
Business Transfers: Your personal data and sensitive personal data may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction.
International Data Transfers
Any information that you provide to us is stored in the UK, USA, France, Senegal, Netherlands, Bangalore, and Gabon and processed by Assala as set out in this notice. In order to ensure the protection of your data, should it be transferred outside the EEA, we have put in place European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses between Assala Energy UK Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries. You can request a copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you?
Access, rectification, erasure, restriction and portability
Subject to the conditions prescribed in applicable laws, you have the right: (i) to access, rectify or request erasure of your personal data; (ii) to ask us to restrict processing of it; and (iii) to request that it is transferred to a third party.
Right to object
You also have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data which is based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority (the Information Commission’s Office (“ICO”)) about our use of your personal data or if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR. Contact details for the ICO are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ (live chat is available to report concerns)
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
If you have any queries, questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our personal data handling practices, please contact Legal & Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit our website, we collect your data automatically thanks to cookies, depending on your browser’s cookie settings or the data that you provide on our contact form.
We do not share the data we collect about you with third parties without your prior consent.
If you wish to check or modify the types of cookies that you accept, you can generally do so by changing your browser settings.
Most web browsers will accept cookies. If you nevertheless prefer us not to collect data in this way, you can choose to accept all or some of the cookies or to block them in your browser privacy settings. However, if you block all cookies, you may not be able to use all of our website’s functions. As each browser is different, we invite you to consult your browser’s ‘Help’ menu in order to learn how to manage your cookie preferences.
The website www.assalaenergy.com contains a certain number of hypertext links to other websites, put in place with the permission of ASSALA ENERGY. However, ASSALA ENERGY is unable to check the content of the websites visited through these links, and consequently shall disclaim all responsibility in relation to them.
User: Internet user connecting to, using the above-named website.
Personal data: Information which, in any form whatsoever, directly or otherwise, enables the natural persons to whom they apply to be identified.