To apply for this position, please email us quoting “Pipeline Engineer, Gabon” in the subject line and attaching your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
This role will provide supports to the Assala Gabon pipeline/flowline integrity management and associated repair/construction project activities.
It requires a sound understanding of the pipeline mechanical design and material selections.
The role also requires engineering knowledge of mechanical and corrosion damage mechanisms for pipelines, Level 1 fitness for service assessment, repair methods and welding technology.
- Support the development of a fit for purpose Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy for the safe operations of all Assala Gabon pipelines and flowlines.
- Take ownership of the development of pipeline status database and maintain the live data.
- Anticipate the continual development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities.
- Succesfully deliver pipeline repair projects on time and cost effectively. This should include scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables, completion of the field operations.
- Undertake preparation of annual pipeline integrity summary providing an overall fitness for service statement under direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Support all assets in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include risk assessments, support to pipeline related Deviation, MoCs and incident investigations, where necessary.
Qualification / Experience requirements / Personal attributes
- Reporting to the Senior Pipeline Engineer, the candidate for this position should have a recognised Mechanical (or similar) Engineering degree.
- Ideally a 2- 5 years direct experience from static mechanical engineering and maintenance work, such as design, operation, inspection, repair, integrity management and construction.
- Relevant experience should include mechanical design, integrity and performance analysis and experience of managing a corrosion control system.
- With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.