To apply for this position, please email us quoting “Contract and Procurement Engineer, London/Gabon” in the subject line and attaching your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contract and Procurement Engineer is responsible for providing an effective procurement and contract management function to the Assala London based projects.
This role is to manage all contracts as required to protect both the company’s reputation and financial interests and identify and manage risks that may arise through the operation of the contract.This role is also to find quality goods or services at an acceptable price that meet Assala project needs on a timely manner.
- Maintain an up to date contract register for Assala London based projects and a plan of procurement activity.
- Lead and support tendering processes and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers and prepare summary papers recommending the way forward.
- Undertake market research activities regarding suppliers / business requirements to source the best suppliers and solutions.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions in SAP and work through the approval process to ensure the Purchase Orders are released to the vendors timely.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers while seeking/developing new ones.
- Manage the delivery logistics and work with Assala Gabon team to ensure that the procured materials are delivered on site as per project schedule requirements.
- Processes any purchase orders including, review of purchase orders and requisitions order placement and verification of prices and delivery.
- Actively manages buyer messages generated by the purchasing information system on a daily basis; checks and pursues resolution daily as defined.