To apply for this position, please email us quoting “Construction Manager, Gabon” in the subject line and attaching your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Construction Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more operational assets. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to AFE approval process throughout the full systems development life cycle with focus on the
site operations and execution. The role has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis and closely follow the construction and commissioning activities. Verify that the project delivery meets the required quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Successful candidate is also required to have strong supervision backgrounds to manage multiple disciplines. These disciplines including pipelines, piping, civil & structural, E&I and commissioning. This role will potentially oversee and manage all the construction and commissioning scopes for the London based projects. It will also be required to fulfil the in-
country Project Management role and on sites in conjunction with the engineering supports from the HQ.
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instruction of functional area of responsibility.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for construction and commissioning phases of the project.
- To ensure adequate and qualified supervision and skilled labour resources are employed to meet schedule requirements.
- To coordinate construction activities in terms of HSE, quality, planning and cost.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baselines.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- To manage the construction interfaces with the operations and the subcontractors.
Qualification / Experience requirements / Personal attributes
The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised Engineering degree. 10+ years experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable with 5+ years of project management or construction management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organisations.
- Have leadership and team management skills and have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in Construction Management.
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team – commitment to develop team members.
Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.